Thursday, March 31, 2016

GALLERY: Tomb King Army Showcase



My Tomb Kings have been in the works since I started the army back in 2011, and with Adepticon approaching I finally had a concrete date to get them finished by. With everything done and ready for the tournament here's a look over my Tomb King army finished to date.


READ MORE

Last but not least, here is my assembled Adepticon force, ready to wage war in the Mortal Realms of Chicago. That's my own display board, with a photoshopped background. I made it two years ago for Armies on Parade and took silver at my local store. You can read about how I built the display here.
Not one to do something only half way I also put together a special 28 page "army list" for Adepticon. I created a warscroll for each unit I am taking and tried my hardest to make it look like the official thing. I also took this as an opportunity to write a but of background for my army and the area of Shyish that they occupy, the Endless Deserts. My favorite part is the little short story on the last page of the lore. All of the unit pictures above were taken for this project as well and it has really helped me push my photography skills. All in all I am really happy with how it turned out. The only way you can get a printed copy of this for yourself is to be one of my opponents at the AoS tournament at Adepticon.

This was a really fun project and I am really proud of the outcome. This is just the beginning though, more of a test run for the real thing in the future. All of the fantastic illustrations are once again from Kenneth Erickson, and having seen previews of what he has in store for the future you guys are in for a treat.

Until next time,
Tyler M.

By Mengel Miniatures, www.mengelminiatures.com
March 30th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment